Storage / Data Management Pre-Sales Consultant - Cloud
£60k - £70k + 20% + Bens
Our client are the most exciting Data Management Software Vendor within Cloud Backup and Storage. Due to their ongoing success they are looking for proven Storage / Data Management Pre-Sales Consultant to work within their enterprise team.
Customer Focused – ability to understand and deliver against the needs of our clients, customers/partners. Be empathetic and supportive to the customer/partner where required. Able to balance client and company needs effectively.
Accountability & Ownership – able to make things happen and where required, take ownership for the successful execution of specific tasks. Be accountable for issues or problems which may arise, working with others as required to develop creative, pragmatic & timely solutions to customer problems.
Conflict Handling – able to deal with conflict based situations. Can handle objections (internal & external) diplomatically. Able clearly and diplomatically communicate ‘bad news’ or information which customers/partners or internal personnel may find difficult to accept or deal with. Able to handle & prioritise multiple service quality escalations and other support account management tasks simultaneously.
Written & Verbal Communication Skills – articulate and effective communicator & presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in simple or understandable terms. Able to produce written documentation (presentations, service reports) which is well structured, clear, concise and meets customer/partner requirements.
Networking – able to develop and exploit extensive networks of commercial, technical and personal contacts (internally & externally) which can be utilized to improve the effectiveness of the role and the quality of solutions and services delivered by our clients to our customers.
Motivation – motivated, tenacious and proactive, willing and able to grow skills and competencies by a combination of formal training, self directed learning and field engagement experience.
Innovation – where required, be able to produce innovative solutions to address complex or unusual client requirements. Able to think laterally or ‘out-of the box’ where required. Able to challenge the status quo where required. Will work to constantly improve the effectiveness & quality of their offering to their clients.
Required Technical Competencies
The Pre Sales Engineer should possess the necessary levels of awareness and
understanding of several of the following areas to a sufficient level to execute
the role effectively.
• Microsoft and/or Unix / Networking / Storage Area Networks
• Major server & storage platforms
• Mainstream Data Protection Solutions such as VERITAS , TSM, HP Dataprotector, CommVault suite
• EMAIL & File system Archiving platforms.
• Data & Information Management, including, Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) concepts and understanding and/or HSM solutions.
• TCP/IP networking (and possibly WAN technologies)
• Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (IAAS), and Web Security. Understanding of AWS/Azure is a plus.
• Proficient with online presentation and training services (GoToMeeting, LiveMeeting, Zoom etc).
• Proven hands on experience in enterprise backup, storage and virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V) technologies