Compliance & Maintenance Manager full-time contract role to start ASAP until 30-03-18 with a possible extension.
Responsible for the delivery and management of planned and responsive maintenance across approximately 110 LBM operational sites, including the provision of a 24 hour emergency call out service, ensuring that buildings meet statutory compliance standards and are safe environments to use by staff and visitors.
Responsible for the management of the FM Helpdesk, which determines if work is undertaken through in-house team or external contractors, and also acts as the ‘front door’ to the whole facilities team. Manages budgets up to £3 million and key maintenance and repairs term contracts to control a range of specialist disciplines, which requires liaison with clients across all Client directorates.
Provides an effective technical assurance service by developing and implementing technical and performance standards ensuring that maintenance and projects comply with corporate governance responsibilities and provides value for money and fit for purpose solutions.
Undertakes work at a high level across a range of technical disciplines and commissions work and negotiates with external property professionals and liaises internally clients across all directorates.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Significant knowledge of construction related legislation including: Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR); Construction, Design and Management (CDM); water risk management; and other mechanical and electrical cyclical requirements.
- Substantial post-qualification experience across a varied property portfolio.
- A demonstrable commitment to achieving customer service excellence.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders including consultants, contractors, public and staff.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring the highest professional standards and performance; able to lead and secure commitment from staff, to motivate and direct staff to succeed and to develop a productive and positive team culture.
- Ability to think, plan and act under pressure to meet deadlines and service priorities.
- Highly developed and persuasive communication and negotiation skills; including the ability to influence peers and more senior stakeholders to ensure that technical advice is acted upon and negotiate with suppliers on contractual matters.
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of setting, managing and controlling budgets
- Significant numerical and analytical skills
Education, Training and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent appropriate technical qualification at a higher level, such as BTECH HNC/HND in a construction related discipline
- Member of a recognised relevant professional body, such as Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) etc