Senior PM&C Project Professional - 9 month contract - Portsmouth - £28.43ph UMB or £22.12ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
The individual in this role will operate PM&C processes on a medium/large project, or be responsible for some aspects of PM&C (for example scheduling) on a larger and more complex project. The role may report to a Lead PM&C Professional, or to the project's Head of PM&C or directly to the Project/Programme Manager.
At this level the incumbent may supervise or guide one or more professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
They would have a level of specialist knowledge in one or more areas of PM&C practice and are expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
- PM&C reporting
- Project scheduling
- Problem solving, based on previous experience and knowledge
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/Microsoft packages Lead non-complex projects or work packages
- Knowledge and understanding of his her Line of Business or project.
- Broad PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional within a significant business or project.
- Extensive, expert level understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the PM&C capability landscape including with Professional institutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for Line of Business or project.
- Knowledge and experience of PM&C governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Experience of influencing stakeholders inside the company.
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders to achieve business success.
- Ability to capture, and share best practice.
- Roles typically require a university degree, or an extensive amount of practical knowledge gained through experience.
- Applies problem solving techniques to routine situations or situations of moderate complexity under supervision, in the field of PM&C, taking requirements and data from internal (capability) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas. Gathers and analyses information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Understanding of Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
- Some understanding of the wider PM&C Management environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Some understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business or project, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM&C approaches.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other