A Desktop Support Analyst is required on a perm basis based in Whiteley (there will be opportunities to WFH, however as demand for support onsite increases we will be looking for someone onsite the majority of the time). Paying up to £26k p/a plus excellent benefits.
The Technology Operations Team are a key service delivery function within the Technology Team. The role of the team is to provide a proactive, rapid response service to all staff in the use of technology. Having positive relationships with staff is a critical skill required of any Desktop Support Technician coupled with a strong desire to deliver excellent customer service.
The team offers advice and guidance on the use of technology, identifying areas where improvements can be made and ensuring that infrastructure and system issues are escalated appropriately.
- Provide 1st /2nd line support to all staff through the provision of the Service Desk service.
- In conjunction with the Technology Operations Team provide support to business users between the hours of 08:30 - 17:30.
- Ensure all support calls are logged accurately on the Service Desk system.
- Endeavour to ensure that all Technology Service requests are completed within the agreed service level agreement.
- Take an active role in ensuring support documents and procedures are up-to-date and maintained.
- Work closely with the wider Technology Team to ensure that knowledge sharing is effectively maintained to ensure operational cover.
- Monitoring the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and making suggestions for improving efficiency
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors on behalf of users to ensure the smooth installation and running of systems.
- Participate in training as appropriate to maintain your professional expertise and understanding of the role and function of the unit.
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and review of own, team and company key business objectives.
Experience/skills required -
Experience in a hands-on application support role, providing services to agreed SLA's
Experience supporting Cloud based (Azure) and on-prem Microsoft environments
Productivity suites (M365, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Admin etc)
Microsoft Power Platform
Mobile technologies (iOS, Android)
Endpoint Management (InTune, MDM, MAM)
Windows 10 & MacOS
Active Directory User Administration and Group Policy Management
Windows Server 2016 and above
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other