Temp to Perm
£35,000 - £40,000
Monday – Friday
This up-and-coming company are looking for an enthusiastic Buyer with a keen can – do attitude. As they begin to develop at a rapid pace, they are looking to take a Buyer into the team, 5 years of procurement knowledge is needed to fill this role, alongside the ability to read engineering drawings. An understanding of APQP/PPAP is also necessary to this role. A background in Engineering and Manufacturing would be extremely advantageous to the role. Superb negation skills, capability to self-manage and ability to meet strict deadline are some of the many skills this company is looking for in their new Buyer. CIPS qualified is preferred however not an essential skill for this role.
Duties and responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Promote solid connections with suppliers within the business community all whilst, creating mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to gain feedback and continuous improvement.
- Expedite orders in line with purchase order requirements.
- Prioritise supplier quality and reliability of parts into the facility making sure deliveries promised are fulfilled and maintained by suppliers.
- As needed issue out NDA’s and upholding the NDA register.
- Manage piece part price on Epicor to make sure that all purchase orders presented and raised are correct.
Buyer personal profile:
- Ability to travel – UK / Europe.
- Level-headed – ability to work under pressure.
- Resilient with high levels of self-motivation – always looking to improve and develop.
- Full driving license.
- Knowledge of Epicor would be beneficial but is not necessary.
Interested in the role of Buyer?
If you are keen to apply for the opportunity of Buyer, simply click and apply now and we will get back to you. If you wish to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Evie Jacura at Orion Electrotech Recruitment Reading.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing