Planning Officer needed in Newton Abbot £14.38ph PAYE - Reference:5183300
This role will involve:
- Examination and assessment of a range of applications submitted to the Local Planning Authority and related planning issues with reference to Development Plan Policies and any other material considerations.
- Maintaining accurate and reliable records in relation to casework including computer and photographic records (where necessary).
- Negotiations to achieve improvements to planning proposals.
- Drafting of recommendations and Committee reports on high volume planning proposals within target timescales.
- Providing an excellent customer service by advising applicants/agents during the processing of planning proposals and giving pre-application advice on planning issues and policies.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Applicants should hold or be working towards a degree in Town Planning and membership of the RTPI.
- Basic computer literacy (ECDL and/or E-Type desirable).
- A full driving licence
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property