An opportunity exists within our clients' Analysis Capability Group for a Simulation Engineer to deliver on-going client projects supporting a number of design and development programmes.
The role involves managing the targeted use of CAE tools and testing work to provide thermal management solutions to clients. The role will encompass all powertrain types, from conventional combustion engine through to pure electric powertrains and battery systems.
A Simulation Engineer is required to carry out a range of analysis tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Build and assess 0D and 1D models of powertrain performance; cooling and lubrication systems, or thermal management control for all types of powertrains and vehicles including hybrid, electrical and fuel cell vehicles,
- Analyse thermal and electrical performance of battery systems, e-motors or power electronics using 3D CFD or electromagnetic analysis tools,
- Work on system-level as well as detailed models of fuel cell powertrains and vehicles,
- Build and run the models as well as interpretation and presentation of the results to the internal and external clients.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in an Engineering or relevant Science-based discipline with partial focus on Fluid dynamics or heat transfer, however significant industry experience may be considered instead of a degree,
- Relevant experience in analysis and simulation (0D, 1D, 3D CFD) of either: powertrains, e-machines, battery systems, fuel cells or vehicles,
- Experience with using office tools e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel,
- Ability to communicate and make presentations with a high degree of clarity.
Our client would prefer this contractor to be based out of their site in Shoreham, however they may consider the contractor working from their Midlands site in Leamington Spa. Some working from home may also be available and to be discussed on application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other