As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work within the following areas:
* To prepare surveys and information essential to record the condition of highways and other
* To prepare information from surveys into format for use by designers, Clients and others.
* To liaise with relevant bodies (i.e. contractors, public utilities and the like) to gain access to
sites as required.
* To undertake laboratory tests and record results and calibrate equipment.
* To work with due regard to Health and Safety for themselves and others at all times.
A full description of the candidate's role will be provided in the resource call off.
Required Qualifications and Experience
* Working towards NVQ level 4 or equivalent level of experience in an appropriate field
* Appreciation of relevant technical standards, specification, guidelines, best practice, quality
procedures and UKAS procedures
* Some experience of working in a Civil Engineering or related testing laboratory
Decision Making Areas
* Confirmation that equipment is calibrated / test conditions are correct with delegated authority
to abort own work if equipment/ conditions are outside acceptable parameters.
* Confirmation that health and safety precautions particularly traffic management are in place
to minimise risks, again with delegated authority to abort if risks unacceptable.
* Knowing when to refer matters to colleagues / line managers.
* Working environment to be an equal split between office and site
* Constant working on live highways and construction sites, with some lone working.
* Communicating with colleagues, contractors and developers in a challenging environment.
* Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other