To support the senior quality engineer in the assurance and improvement of the business processes.
- Working a day shift pattern (circa 08:00-16:00, Mon-Fri, 37.5 hrs per week), the successful applicant will provide quality assurance support to the engine assembly and end-of-line teams in escalating and resolving quality issues as they occur, as well as co-ordinating containment activities in the event of escapes of poor quality to the customer.
- The quality technician must be able to communicate well with people at all levels; they will be working closely with the other business functions, and will be required to present KPI reports to the customer from time to time.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in and occasionally lead the team in root cause analysis activities; some previous experience in using problem solving tools would be an advantage, but is not essential as full training will be given.
- Some administration duties are also required.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to make the first step into quality assurance and process improvement.
Essential Skills / Attributes
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good listener / communicator.
- Team player, and able to work under own initiative.
- Methodical; a logical thinker.
- Quick learner.
Desirable Skills / Attributes
- Knowledge of relevant quality standards such as ISO 9001.
- Experience of using problem solving tools (Ishikawa, 5-Why).
- Auditing experience.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other