A leading defence contractor is requiring a DV Cleared Strategic Projects Technical Lead to join them on a contract basis based in West London or Cambridgeshire.
Role is working inside IR35 but rate flexible depending on experience.
Summary of Role
- The Technical Lead within the Strategic Projects Team is responsible for the Engineering execution of all aspects of a large-scale information systems capability development, delivery and sustainment project that has significant operational and strategic importance for a UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) customer.
- This is a complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with the programme stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The work location will primarily be based at multiple Customer Sites with frequent visits to other company sites in the UK.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Leading technical and engineering teams in developing solutions within the Strategic Projects portfolio.
- Act as the customer facing point of contact for all engineering and technical matters for the Strategic Projects Team.
- The identification of technical risks and formulation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery.
- Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels to supplement internal skills (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated).
- Provide an escalation point for design related issues within the Strategic Projects Team.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Providing programme engineering leadership for the response to all RFCs, Bids and Proposals
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information, user and security requirements that are capable of being effectively managed in service.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to provide understanding of the planned solution and identify possible impact on Service Levels.
- To help the Business evaluate existing systems and provide advice on how to meet organizational requirements and future needs.
- Identification of Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies related to Projects and their impact upon ongoing Service Model and/or processes.
- You will be responsible for developing distributed system architecture and system integration.
- You will be the solution owner for the full lifecycle of a solution from feasibility to delivery. This will ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective.
- Good communication skills with diverse audiences - strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- To identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods, and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Established technical experience delivering major, complex programmes, and in particular, direct experience of technical delivery of complex Information Technology (IT) programmes.
- Proven success integrating efforts and products from major subcontractors
- Established long-term experience of working with UK military and government agencies.
- Familiarity with UK Ministry of Defence policies and acquisition processes is highly desirable.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers and management teams including conducting briefings and technical meetings for management and customer representatives
- Demonstrated experience managing all technical aspects an Engineering Lifecycle from Requirements definition to disposal for MoD projects
- A comprehensive understanding of security architecture, security engineering solutions, deployments, and accreditation
- Proven success as a Technical Lead /or engineering leader and at least 15 years proven experience in a related whole lifecycle Systems Engineering role developing complex systems solutions within a Defence environment
- Experienced in assessing a broad range of IT solutions and products.
- Degree in a relevant science, technology or engineering discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Significant experience in the Defence Intelligence Security Environment.
- Strong ICT background and proven track record in engineering execution, managing client engagements, and have served in key technical and management leadership positions.
- Current DV clearance and not dual nationality.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other