· Prepare detailed electrical designs and cost estimate packages for the construction of electrical distribution facilities for residential subdivisions.
· Proactively manage and prioritize concurrent, multi-stakeholder projects while satisfying client expectations.
· Identify risks to project schedule, cost, and quality early in the project lifecycle and collaborate with the necessary stakeholders to mitigate risks.
· Anticipate and proactively develop solutions to address changes in clients' needs and their business environment.
· Circulate and coordinate designs and estimates with other shallow utilities as required.
· Ensure construction drawings are accurate for Engineers' approval.
· Prepare projects variance analysis reports, and verify "As Built" drawings at project completion.
· Troubleshoot technical, client and stakeholder concerns.
· Arrange for drafting, survey, approvals and material resources to complete assigned projects as required.
· Effectively organize and run meetings with clients and stakeholders to achieve productive outcomes.
· Assist in various projects, studies, and standards development as required.
· Review the work of other design team members and provide feedback.
· Review and authenticate the technical work of others as required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering and Registration as a Professional Engineer through APEGA (The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta).
· 4 + years' experience in electrical utility distribution design is preferred.
· Natural relationship builder and has the ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
· Strong technical skills demonstrated through standards development and/or complex-design experience
· Working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· A passion for problem solving and is solutions focused
· Independently manage multiple projects and the init
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other