Assistant Accountant - Accounts Receivable - 7 month contract - Glascoed - £21.30ph UMB or £16.83ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Part qualified accountant, and will typically have a degree and maybe studying for professional exams. Previous experience may have been as a Finance Assistant in the Finance job family or may have experience in financial accounting, financial reporting or project accounting.
As an assistant accountant you will report to the team Supervisor and are responsible for the delivery of service activities on behalf of our customers. Primary activities can include review, quality control and input of sales orders, accurate and timely entry of complex sales invoices or debtor dispute management and hosting debtor meetings with senior stakeholders. You will be responsible for effective execution of the financial processes and ensuring these are accurately documented. This role has significant impact on the wider AR team and the working capital management of our customers. Our business partners will interact with this role on a day to day basis so delivering a high quality service and ensuring customer satisfaction is of prime importance.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Milestone, Deliverable, WIP, T&M & Service Invoicing in multiple currencies.
- Preparation of order book and trading plans within multiple ERPs.
- Raising Advance Claims and Trading Sales
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure data is shared and reflected in the systems in a timely manner, completing reconciliations where needed.
- Cash Forecasting
- Sales order input, review, amendment and reconciliation.
- Raising/Reviewing & Distributing complex Sales Invoices
- Compliance with UK VAT rules and other Global Sales Taxes Liaise with customers (internal & external) taking personal responsibility for the correction, resolution and close-down of issues. Actively supporting joint goals reviews, ideas generation for continuous improvements and driving these to completion, including demonstrating the benefits attained.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliance's or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
The role holder will:
- Will have a degree and professional qualification (AAT/CAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM) or have experience of working in a finance environment and be part qualified based on experience gained.
- Ideally have ERP experience of, SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous..
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete basic formulas such as sums, ifs, vlookups etc.
- Have the ability to present large data sets to others in a concise, easy to understand format.
- Understand Output VAT and other Sales taxes and when these should/shouldn't be applied.
- Understand sales trading, IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g Goods dispatch notes, export paperwork etc.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other