My Client is recruiting for a Project Manager in the Water Sector
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager who is experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes, predominately to the Water Industry, across both Treatment Waste and Water schemes. The candidate will be based out of the Midlands area and will be required to travel across multiple sites.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients
- To have a good understanding of NEC contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI's and PI's
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, including CDM regulations, & Environmental legislation
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members
- To assist the Delivery Manager with the development of the direct labour resources
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To produce project performance reports and participate in monthly financial / programme reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, Delivery Manager and Regional Director
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures
- Complete contract documentation
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others
- To develop a detailed project programme, in conjunction with the project planner ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and client closeout timescales
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other