● To provide expertise across Product Development & In Market Validation activities to support the creation and maintenance of a world class Pest & Hygiene product portfolio.
● Design and execute rigorous testing protocols to ensure product robustness and longevity in the field.
● Provide expert product validation support to the design process through to product launch to market.
● To support the In Market Solutions team to validate product changes.
● Scope out and Design test solutions to validate new Products to ensure the Technical Requirements have been met
● Execute tests within the test laboratory to achieve the deadlines required by the various projects.
● Continually seek to improve and evolve tests in response to information received from in field performance and quality complaints.
● Design and setup of tests and procedures for accelerated lifetime testing of company & 3rd Party Products
● Build and setup test rigs to ensure rigorous testing of products with the assistance of the Test Technician.
● Develop and review test plans and test procedures.
● Support testing and monitoring of tests.
● Conduct detailed root cause analysis and submit proposals for design modifications to resolve test failures.
● Provide early and ongoing feedback during testing to ensure the Product Development project timescales remain on track
● Maintain test equipment and jigs
● Document test results in written reports and other tracking databases as required.
● Ensure Test equipment is designed for compliance with H&S requirements to ensure team safety.
● Assist in the FMEA of any new designs as required by the Product Development Manager
● Assist QA by conducting root cause analysis of field feedback and provide written reports to help identify solutions.
● Assist the In Market Solutions team by validating any in market product changes
● Attend meetings as required by the Project Teams
● To work closely with Product Development colleagues to support technical progression of product Hardware through the design process
● Work closely with and guide Product Validation Test Technicians. Product Validation Team Leader Page 1 of 3
● Interface and communicate technically with internal and external suppliers where applicable.
● Work with the PD team to support supply chain, quality assurance, regulatory and operations teams where necessary.
● Ensure that the product validation test elements are clearly understood and where possible closed down and completed ahead of a products technical sign off.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
● Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or more than 5 years experience in Product Validation environment.
● Engineering background with proven experience of working within multi-disciplined teams and working effectively within a matrix organisation structure.
● Excellent communication skills, calm under pressure and capable of managing multiple priorities
● Expertise in validating electronics/electrical/electro-mechanical products.
● Experience of testing Firmware and wireless products
● Able to manage a large number of items in a project portfolio across the design process.
● Structured approach to executing development work, founded on definition and subsequent validation of technical models rather than simply an empirical learning approach.
● Good analytical problem solving skills with the ability to generate and interpret technical data, provide conclusions and recommendations for follow up action accordingly.
● Able to collaborate within multi-functional teams, working beyond direct sphere of influence to deliver results. Effective partnering with peers to deliver against common goals (both face to face and within 'virtual' teams).
● Ability to communicate both verbally and in written format to different levels within an organization.
● Working knowledge and use of common IT applications including Microsoft Office, Google Suite CAD basics and Project Management software advantageous.
● Drive and ability to provide strong technical advice and deliver effectively within a multinational environment.
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills, capable of working effectively with suppliers, customers and operational functions around the globe.
● Experienced in working within a matrix organisation.
● A creative problem solver, capable of solving technical product related challenges
● Strong commercial qualities with an established track record of excellent customer support; ideally able to leverage existing relationships with the key regional directors and country managers for our client.
● Uses strong technical and problem solving skills to approach complex projects / provide timely solutions.
Internal and External relationships with:
Wider PD and Marketing and Innovation
3rd Party Suppliers
Design Consultancies and Technology Partners
Key Knowledge Experts
Product Validation Team Leader Page 2 of 3
Working with others Build Relationships Deliver Results
Creative Problem Solving Impact and Influence Coach & develop
Acting Commercially Manage Self
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other