Responsible to: Production Supervisor
A role where you will be working to technical drawings with the use of several general engineering tools and equipment and general practices. The individual will be working within a small team to deadlines and will require a good work ethic and self-drive to enable site support of the goals and targets. Self-motivation will be paramount with the nature of the work and enabling site targets to be achieved. You will report into the production manager with oversight with the production supervisor and manufacturing a product in a family run business to produce a unique product to support the maritime industry.
You will be given the time frame in which to achieve the sites required delivery and will be expected to highlight if there are any issues which will prevent you from achieving this to the production supervisor. A problem-solving mindset is also required for any obstacles which may occur in the core role or for assisting in other non-primary tasks in quiet periods.Duties:
As Production Technician your responsibilities will include;
- Produce a high-end product for our end customers to a fluctuating demand
- Use of various engineering methods and tools
- Responsible to meet deadlines or escalate when unable to
What you'll bring...
The successful candidate will have;
- An understanding and ability to clearly interpret and follow technical drawings
- An ability to work collaboratively with others
- Previous experience utilizing drilling equipment and tooling
- Previous experience working in small teams or on your own
- The ability to follow instructions and with a good work ethic
- A willingness to learn
- Flexibility for low demand periods where other required tasks may require supporting
In addition to the above requirements, the following are desired but not essential;
- Technical qualification e.g.: technical apprenticeship (NVQ level 2 or higher)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in maths and English
- Problem solving mindset for any other issues or tasks at hand.
Hours of work (40hrs)
8.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday
8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. Friday
23 working days per annum annual leave plus statutory public holidays.
Statutory Sick Pay as per current legislation.
The Company will comply with the employer pension duties in respect of your employment in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008.
Free single BUPA membership (on completion of probationary period).
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other