Our client is a market leading air-conditioning and refrigeration company who provides products, technical backup service and maintenance across the UK. They use in-house technology to provide quality maintenance to an existing item of plant or to design cutting edge new equipment from scratch with the latest green refrigerants.
Due to ongoing success, our client is looking for Senior Refrigeration Engineer, in the Berkshire region.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge to maintain, service and improve liquid chillers and air conditioning equipment in a dynamic and mobile role.
- The ability to provide solutions for repair and improvement.
- Minimum 6 years industry experience
- The willingness to take part in a 1 in 10 callout rota
- Holds general level 3 qualification in refrigeration/engineering
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on your industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with key stakeholders of the company
- Confident to approach most refrigeration system including splits and VRF/VRV systems
- Capable and willing to attend any call out to any new site and confidently approach the task in hand and generally achieving a result
- Ability to lead and mentor apprentice and improving engineers
The job duties (but not limited to) are:
- Submit fully compliant, well organised engineer report paperwork immediately on job completion. Including point of work risk assessments, worksheets, log sheets, refrigerant handling.
- Provide accurate first call out/maintenance/planned investigation, visit findings with core faulty and actions to fully repair and restore efficiency operation of the equipment. This should be clearly communicated to both the client and the office at the earliest opportunity. These findings and recommended actions should be subsequently found accurate.
- Successfully complete maintenance and planned service work to the highest quality, within planned time frame and for there to be no call backs.
- Ensure all work activity you and any junior engineer working with you is undertaken within the company’s Health and Safety System of work, including risk assessments.
- Housekeeping of your van, tooling and equipment including ensuring statutory test and inspection is completed.
- Stop all refrigerant leakage as soon as practicable.
- Report all accidents and incidents to you line manager.
- Assist junior engineers, and your peers, with product/site specific knowledge.
In return, our client is offering a salary of £34k - £40k + Door to Door travel + Generous pension package + 25 days holiday alongside all bank + holidays laptop + Phone + Vehicle + many more fantastic company benefits.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities