The mission of the Trial Capabilities Centre Business Operations group is to provide clinical trial site budget and contract negotiations, purchase order creation, and payment support for clinical trial and medical research consulting agreements with institutions, investigators, and consultants located globally.
The Contract and Budget Associate is responsible for overseeing specific clinical contract and budget negotiation activities. The primary responsibilities include providing contract and budget process guidance, conducting contract and budget negotiations, conducting contract analyses, facilitating compliance, and pursuing contracting process improvements.
- Communicate various contract and budget issues, identify relationship-building opportunities, secure site contracts and budgets, collect site feedback, and facilitate communication with various personnel. This responsibility includes assisting Trial Capabilities Associates with difficult contract and budget negotiations and significant interventions, and follow-up will be necessary to facilitate this objective
- Communicate and negotiate more complex contracts and budgets, including Phase I, PET Studies, Oncology Cooperatives, Oncology Networks, and/or Endocrine portfolio sites; and
- Work with partners across the company to review/approve all contract and budget exceptions.
- Develop and implement training for new contract and budget associates and customers
- Create, maintain, and distribute contract and budget templates, process documentation, and contract and budget -specific documentation (such as the Legal Guidance Document,) as the contract process owner; and
- Act as a mentor to the Contract and Budget Associates to provide the necessary guidance and knowledge transfer to allow the Contract and Budget Associates to be successful negotiators.
- Develop process documentation;
- Facilitate quality, speed and value through information sharing, , business partnership, and assurance that all guidance is aligned with policies, clinical processes, and appropriate guidance;
- Facilitating kick off and regular update meetings with other contracting and budgeting groups; and
- Developing study specific contracting and budgeting strategy with the internal stakeholders
- Serve as the primary contact and process owner for interactions between TC and Legal/Finance personnel related to process changes, documentation requirements, and site contracting and budgeting issues.
- Analyse agreements and identify areas of concern
- Assure that contractual terms and provisions are in compliance with agreed study level process, strategies, conformance to applicable laws & precedents. Arrange legal input where needed.
- Accountable for standardizing and streamlining contract and budget negotiation activities, as well as using metrics to drive improvement throughout the entire contracting process;
- Increase contracting efficiency and effectiveness by ensuring that learning is shared and leveraged; and
- Anticipate changes by evaluating issues and opportunities, both internal and external, and making recommendations to TC management.
- Gather contractual framework intelligence at site and country level
- Suggest contingency plans for the study team
- Early recognition of areas of potential problems and formulate mitigation plans.
Minimum Qualification/Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably from legal/health science/finance/engineering field)
- Min. 3-5 years of experience negotiating contracts and budgets and fluency in Czech language is essential
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Legal