A well established engineering company based on the outskirts of Coventry are looking for an Engineering Buyer to join the growing procurement team. The successfull Engineering Buyer will come from an engineering background with experience managing the entire procurement life cycle.
Main duties will include competitively sourcing a wide range of goods and services including raw materials, engineering equipment, consumables etc. and contributing to the performance of the Purchasing Department.
- Build and maintain excellent, professional supplier relationships
- Analyse and negotiate costs and terms, review opportunities to make business savings
- Ensuring suppliers are selected / developed to meet manufacturing requirements and to deliver material delivery milestones
- Ensure compliance with specifications
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective strategic and tactical sourcing for all commodities, materials and items in order to maintain a lowest cost supply organisation
- Responsible for cost input statistics to finance and to provide cost/supply information on projects as requested
- Process orders through MRP system
- Interpreting technical specifications from Design Engineers
- Complete all related purchasing administration and reporting
- To operate within Purchasing Policy
- Report on a monthly basis large order placements (cash flow)
- Liaise with Production/Service and Sales on commercial issues
- All purchase orders to be expedited immediately or as soon as possible after receipt
- Lead items to be ordered as soon as a contract for equipment is awarded
- Internal procedure to be followed for all new suppliers
- Discounts to be negotiated where possible with existing suppliers of products
- Commercial terms and conditions to be reviewed
- Involvement required on all purchasing negotiations
- Supplier appraisal system to be implemented
For more info, apply now!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities