Job Title: Buyer
£30-35k per annum
Due to continued expansion our client are looking for a Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As a Buyer your duties will include:
- Application and daily management of purchase orders with correct controls, in line with business requirements.
- Cost effective sourcing of non-contractual requirements, including requirements not associated with general production.
- Provide feedback into the manufacturing function of supplier deliveries.
- Monitoring of inventory parameters, in line with commodity trends/supplier restraints.
- Process paperwork generally associated with the day to day purchasing function e.g., invoice queries, goods receiving issues, etc.
- Identifying problems with suppliers and working with management to resolve issues.
- Ensure timely delivery of products from suppliers and to cost effectively, resource any product that has been identified as undeliverable within the required timescales.
- To secure the supply of any product that is subject to an all-time buy notification, including any shortfalls that have occurred since the original requirement.
- To process the return of any material of questionable quality to the supplier and ensuring appropriate credits are received.
- To process any material deemed in need of repair or in need of further external process (sub-contracting) prior to consumption within manufacturing.
- Support NPI and engineering teams.
The successful Buyer will have the below experience:
- Proven background of negotiation, with regard to cost and delivery.
- A good understanding of commercial, contract and financial aspects of Procurement.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- MCIPS preferred.
- Proficient user of Word and Excel.
If you are interested in the above opportunity please click apply or contact Lara at Orion Reading today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
'A' level/Higher or equivalent