Principal Insurance Officer needed in Wembley £19.56ph ref:5183789
This role will involve:
- Advise Senior Management regarding negotiated settlement or court action of complex and/or high value claims. Authorise payment of more complex claims in accordance with scheme of delegation
- Actively support the process of tenders for external service providers and negotiation with insurers on purchased insurance and claims issues. Including all areas of performance management for such contracts.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on more complex insurance issues i.e. contractual risk allocation, risk management, claim trends, risk mitigation and legislative and policy developments. Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities to the benefit of the wider organisation.
- Manage all aspects and maintenance of the LACHS system. Maintaining documentation of change control, access requests, user permissions, etc.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Possess a recognised insurance and risk management qualification or have substantial relevant insurance experience
- Extensive experience of using and improving a Claims Handling system (preferably LACHS) for claims, reports and analysis.
- Extensive experience of system administration of a database system
- Excellent computer literacy skills – to include system administration of a Local Authority Claims handling system, use of accounting system (Oracle Financials preferred), email, Word processing and spreadsheets.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Insurance