Role: Proposals Engineer
Industry: Rail Comms
Location: Warwick / Flexible working location
Employment Type: Permanent
Package: Negotiable salary, Holiday, Pension, Life Insurance
As a proposals engineer you will be responsible for producing bid quotation to rail sector customers that is both commercially and technically compliant and present this submission in a well formatted and professional manner. It is your duty to understand the bid strategy as presented by the Bid Manager and create bid documentation that reflects this strategy. You will need to create and populate a comprehensive cost model, based on the technical information provided by the customer and transposition of priced solution from internal model into customer's pricing model.
What you will be doing:
* Manage and record all incoming enquiries with regards to rail infrastructure bids and ensure that all bids are prepared in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with the customer's requirements.
* Co-ordinate all technical aspects of the estimation and bid creation process ensuring they are delivered on time and to specification.
* Co-ordinate any inputs with engineering and ensure the technical content reflects the requirements of the customer.
* Proactive communication and collaboration with the procurement team to engage with third party suppliers in a timely manner.
* Creation of cost model templates tailored to reflect rail orientated customer requirements.
* Ownership of internal costing model to ensure easy transposition into customer pricing model.
* Complete Pre -Qualification Questionnaires where required.
* Provide technical review and input of supplier's responses.
* Ensuring that the project bid strategy is met from a technical and commercial perspective.
* Presentation to Bid review team of technical solution proposed and commercial decisions made.
* Track and record the progress of proposals after they have been issued and respond to any technical and commercial clarifications.
* Production of commercial handover pack given to Projects.
* Arrange post bid reviews to apply learning and continuous improvement philosophy.
What you will need:
* Strong technical experience of working within the rail infrastructure sector and know how projects are managed and delivered.
* Ability to interpret customer's requirements from engineering drawings and design specification documents.
* Commercial awareness and the ability to build and support cost estimates associated with rail infrastructure.
* Working understanding of NEC Form of Contracts
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of applications
* Excellent communication skill both oral and written.
* Pro-active individual who can work to challenging deadlines.
If you would be interested then please contact Jaden Pace on 07725597837 / [email protected] or apply with a CV.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other