Job Description - DevOps Engineer
The responsibilities of the role include provisioning, configuring and administering cloud and virtual infrastructure and Linux operating system environments; and extending and maintaining our process automation capabilities for continuous integration and delivery of web applications developed internally and by 3rd parties.
- Linux Server administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Cloud infrastructure provision and management (AWS, Azure).
- Continuous integration and Delivery (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus).
- Cloud agnostic provision
- Secure platform management and compliance with security standards and policies.
- Functional and vulnerability testing (Selenium, Checkmarx, IBM Appscan).
- Ensuring developer compliance with Change Management procedures.
- Maintenance, support, monitoring and reporting on application server and database environments.
- Implementation and monitoring of process automation.
- Performance and availability management.
- CDN and Web Application Firewall administration.
- Backup, retention, DR and fail-over management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good Linux admin and scripting skills.
- Proficiency with process automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Capistrano).
- Broad knowledge of AWS (S3, RDS, EBS, etc.) and/or Azure (Storage Account, Web App etc.)
- Containerisation (Kubernetes & Docker / Mesosphere)
- Experience of working with Git-based source code management.
- Knowledge of Secure SDLC principles and secure web app design.
- Working in Agile development lifecycle.
- Web server configuration.
- Monitoring tool management (Nagios, Icinga, ELK ,New Relic or Datadog)
- Good planning skills.
- Communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in a programming language
- WAF management (Cloudflare, Sucuri)
- Cloudhealth administration
- Database administration/configuration (MySQL, MongoDB)
Position offers flexible working with 2 days a week in office.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other