Trading Standards Officer needed in Exeter paying £30.00 per hr PAYE Ref:8087512294693
This role is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Enforcement of legislation by way of inspections, checking compliance with relevant legislation and providing advice to businesses on achieving this.
- Investigate complaints and possible breaches of legislation that would require further legislation.
- Formally investigate, take statements and produce written reports in more serious breaches of legislation.
- Maintain a record of inspections, complaints and enquiries received and input and retrieve data from the computer and database.
- Deal with consumers, traders and members of the public with tact, diplomacy and ensuring customer care.
- Promote the interests of the Trading Standards Service by giving talks or seminars to the business community or the public on the work of the service and on particular aspects of trading.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Degree in Consumer Protection + 40 DCATS points or FCATS Certificate + 40 DCATS Points or the equivalent professional qualification.
- Specialist knowledge in trading law, Acts of Parliament and regulations, business environment, Trading practices and some technical knowledge of major trade sectors.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services