Safety And Compliance Officer needed in Ellesmere Port £14.38ph PAYE - Reference:5185617
This role will involve:
- To lead with identifying Health & Safety and compliance issues across the service and developing the H&S management systems. To identify areas of non-compliance or operational risk and the development of appropriate and effective solutions to ensure adherence to best practice. Work with operational teams to monitor and ensure compliance and develop a positive and robust safety culture which allows individuals to take ownership of H&S within their own area of work.
- To investigate all accidents and near misses within the service including third party claims. Assist in the preparation of comprehensive reports and operational/safety improvement recommendations. Undertake regular depot and premises inspections.
- To develop and deliver the operational training plan which identifies and delivers on the key regulatory and legislative requirements of the service and which provides a framework for delivering continual development and service continuity. Lead in the establishment of a wide ranging portfolio of internally and externally delivered training
Ideally candidates will have:
- Appropriate qualifications and/or industry related certificates of competence related to the role.
- Institute of Occupational Health and Safety qualification
- Level 2 in Supervisory Management or Team Leading (or be working towards this qualification
- Current full driving licence
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services