Accommodation Assessment Officer needed in Wakefield £11.50ph ref:0004 C0AE / 1
This role will involve:
- Responsible for carrying out initial accommodation placement assessments and making recommendations to the Team Leader regarding suitable placements for homeless households and other vulnerable people into temporary accommodation, taking care to ensure that the accommodation is suitable for their needs. This will involve face to face interviews with service users, some of whom may display challenging behaviour and risk.
- Responsible for assisting in making the best possible use of temporary accommodation to ensure the most cost effective solutions are adopted, within the constraints of legislation, government guidance and established good practice.
- Responsible for completing tenancy agreements, Housing Benefit forms, Homesearch forms and other documents with service users, making sure that service users understand what is being asked of them and the implications of non completion.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating manual and computerised recording systems, including the Capita Housing system.
- Responsible for requesting conviction checks from the Police and handling any sensitive information in line with client and Team protocols and procedures, eg Data Protection.
- Responsible for completing basic risk assessment documents for Registered Providers.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services