Permit Officer needed in Grays £15.45ph PAYE - Reference:444292
This role will involve:
- To co-ordinate the road works and street works permit scheme database in line with the requirements of Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and associated procedures and policies.
- Accept, reject and apply conditions to incoming permit applications from utility companies and contractors to ensure compliance with NRSWA and Traffic Management Act requirements.
- To identify and process Fixed Penalty Notices as defined under the TMA and NRSWA.
- Assist in the resolution of network management issues arising out of emergencies or unplanned events. This includes notifying statutory undertakers and premises managers of defective plant, obstructions, hazards etc on the public highway and ensuring remedial action is taken.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Experience in interrogating the EToN system
- In depth knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA 1991) and the Traffic Management Act (TMA 2004).
- Good I.T skills encompassing the willingness and ability to use a remote data capture device and inspection recording device
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services