Cook needed in Mirfield £10.01ph ref:0004 D53E / 1
This role will involve:
- The post holder will have responsibility for all activities within the kitchen including the general direction of any staff based there e.g. Kitchen Domestic Assistants. They will need to ensure that all kitchen staff are aware of and comply with relevant legislation, standards, guidelines etc.
- Under their manager’s instruction they will be responsible for organising, planning, cooking and preparing nutritious and appetising meals, snacks and beverages as well as related activities. The post holder will need to be aware of recommended portion sizes and ensure that these are applied and that the requirements and preferences of service users are catered for as part of menu planning.
- The post holder will be responsible for ordering food supplies, ensuring they are of the required standard. They will also carry out stock checks and stock rotation as well as ensuring appropriate storage of foods. This will involve completing the required documentation and maintaining appropriate records which could be manual or computer based.
- Maintaining hygiene standards will be a crucial part of their role. This will include in the kitchen and storage areas as well as all equipment, crockery, utensils etc. the post holder will also need to ensure that all kitchen equipment is used and maintained to the required health and safety standards e.g. fridge/freezer temperatures.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Catering & Hospitality