My client is a international name in the engineering sector and is looking for a Senior Materials Engineer to join their team. The successful Senior Materials Engineer will be experienced in the automotive/aviation/aerospace sector and be comfortable performing failure analysis across both new and legacy products.
As a Senior Materials Engineer you will need to be well versed in both metallurgy and coatings and ideally be coming from a similar role elsewhere. You will need to have both theoretical and practical/hands on knowledge and experience as a materials engineer and be comfortable liaising with suppliers in relation to both product and material failures.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and guide product engineering and associated functions with expertise in material science, such as: failure analysis, wear, coatings, heat treatment and deposits and corrosion.
- Develop specific expertise and experience in the field of material science and/or tribology.
- Define, prioritise and perform and/or oversee test activities, analysis and measurement as required to meet core team and project objectives, (cost, quality and timing).
- Prepare reports, presentations and technical documentation with a clear analysis and summary for decision making for internal and customer use.
- Carry out calibration and basic fault diagnosis within the limits of training on equipment used including liaising with suppliers/manufacturers.
- Apply defined engineering standards procedures and methodologies to execute project activities
- Write work instructions, materials specifications and test methods using company standard forms or on-site developed processes
- To liaise with suppliers/manufacturing plant for sample orders
- Develop, support and follow local and corporate procedures such as compliance with IAFT
- Broad theoretical and practical knowledge of materials engineering e.g. Non-metallic materials, Materials processing, Heat treatment, Chemistry, Failure Analysis, Materials Development and Tribology.
- Ability to work methodically and take initiative in improving established processes.
- Experience in safe working in an engineering laboratory.
- MEng Engineering in related subject
- MSc Engineering in related subject
In return my clients offers a strong package including 27 days holidays (plus holidays), strong remuneration package, free parking on site, dental plan, local gym discount etc.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities