Licensing Authority Officer Based in Hounslow and the salary is £15.72 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 3009
This role will involve:
- To process licence applications, to include use of IT systems, consultation and issue of licences under the provisions of the associated legislation and in accordance with full statutory and procedures.
- To provide a front-line contact for advice and guidance on personal, telephone and IT requests, enquiries and complaints from applicants, licensees, Members, colleagues and the general public. To ensure that any complex or enforcement related complaints are passed to the Regulatory Manager for action in a timely manner.
- To compile reports for licensing panels in relation to licence applications and to assist the Regulatory Manager in the preparation of reports to relevant Committees.
- To attend licensing panel meetings in the evening at during the day and present reports concerning licence applications to elected members. To also answer any questions from elected members regarding the contents of the report and the history of the premises.
- To ensure banking of income is carried out in accordance with procedures and practices, monitoring the income received into the department using ICT systems and to produce reports for management when required.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Basic DBS check
- A good working knowledge of the legislation concerning the licensing of alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshment, gambling, street trading and special treatments.
- A basic knowledge of licensing regimes including scrap metal dealing, explosives and sex establishments.
- A good working knowledge of Office software
- A full driving licence
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services