My Client is recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter working in the Water SectorSummary of role:
To safely undertake all aspects of shop floor production works from General arrangement drawings, B.O.M's P&ID's and schematics which include but is not limited to the assembly of electrolysers, packaged skids and standard products to defined quality standards and agreed timescales.Key responsibilities:
· Responsible for assembly of products to specification as provided by the engineering team
· Will as required fabricate plastic and fibreglass pipework
· Will as required measure and make support brackets for pipe and fittings
· Responsible for completing all activities in full compliance with company procedures for Health & Safety and Environmental requirements. Cooperates with managers and other employees to help everyone stay safe. Takes immediate action where deficiencies are identified to prevent harm to self and others.
· Responsible for ensuring that work completed is of high quality, is completed to deadlines, and documented in compliance with the company's (ISO 9001) quality standards.
· Project a smart appearance and give a good impression to clients at all times.
· Will maintain the confidentiality of the company
· Responsible for carrying out all work as instructed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible for maintaining production area in a clean and tidy condition
· Responsible for seeking clarification where necessary to ensure products are built to specification
The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Ability to read and follow general arrangement drawings and flow diagrams
Ability to read and follow bills of materials
Good communication skills, including the ability to read and speak English
Good attention to detail
Served a mechanical apprenticeship or have NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering equivalent or higher
Experienced in the fabrication and installation of fibreglass or plastic pipework
Experience or knowledge within Electro-chlorination skid production
Air/Instrument tubing installation experience
General understanding of welding/fabrication
Lean manufacturing understanding (5S)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other