The Heat Treatment / Metal Surface Finish Operator will set and operate an SF3 Stream finishing machine to achieve specific surface finish requirements on transmission components.
- To operate and maintain aqua blast and rumbling equipment.
- The use of a variety of inspection equipment, to determine surface finish.
- General duties when required.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Must proven skills within an engineering environment and use of stream or drag finishing machines would be advantageous.
Working Pattern & Rates
Although initially training on days once trained up this position will be working on the weekend night shift (Friday-Sunday, 18:00-06:00).
As this role has been deemed inside IR35, only PAYE or Umbrella contracts available at the below rates (which is inclusive of the shift uplift):
- £21.18 PAYE (plus holiday)
- £28.46 UMB
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other