Programme Communications Officer Based in Chelmsford and the salary is £15.38 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
This role will involve:
- Take responsibility for the preparation of a monthly Commissioner newsletter.
- Produce and write content for an external quarterly newsletter.
- Play a key part in the organisation and delivery of stakeholder engagement and other events which are key to the Commission, including venue and catering arrangements, and virtual events when physical events cannot be held.
- Attendance at virtual events (including some evening and weekend working) and engaging face-to-face or online with members of the public and stakeholders.
- Face-to-face and online engagement with stakeholders, including some preparation of written copy for inclusion in external publications to help raise awareness of the Commission and the benefits of climate change action.
- Be responsible for keeping the content on the Commission’s website up to date.
- Manage the programme team calendar to ensure all regular Commission group meetings are scheduled, the meeting rooms and dates are booked, and invites to attendees issued.
- Attend and take minutes at meetings when required.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Advanced skills in written and in person communication. Confident in engaging with a broad variety of stakeholders at different levels via a range of channels.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge and experience of using at an intermediate level. An understanding of other relevant software applications such as image or video editing, mapping or profiling software.
- Experience of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite programmes, including Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Competent user of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn), social media management platforms such as Hootsuite and experience of website editing using a content management system.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively and including the ability to design and manage a range of complex situations and issues; very organised with good attention to detail.
- Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent by experience and evidence of continuous professional development.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services