You will be a point of contact between the Integrated Project Team and the local planning authorities such that planning consents for the main works are prepared and submitted to meet the requirements for the Stage 2 programme. These will include submissions under Schedule 17 of the HS2 Act, and complimentary Town and Country Planning Act applications where required.
Supported by the Senior Planning Consents Manager and a Planning Consultant, you will employ a collaborative approach within the Integrated Project Team, to ensure local planning authorities are provided suitable opportunities to review the planned submissions during the pre-application stage and their reasonable requirements are taken into account.
Managing the pre-application and submission process for Schedule 17 packages as required by the Senior Planning Consents Manager and other planning submissions is essential.
Reviewing and preparing Schedule 17 packages for the Senior Planning Consents Managers approval. As well as coordination of design resources and deliverables to attend pre-application meetings.
We would like you to ensure Design Logs are maintained tracking design development through consenting process and that these are reviewed by the IPT. Updating and reporting on Planning Consents Register regularly.
An important part of this role is recording and evidencing pre-application meetings. You'll have oversight of wider consenting strategy for the client, including coordination with environmental, traffic and highways functions.
Ensuring that consent conditions and requirements are shared with the design and construction teams to these requirements are met during project delivery.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of large-scale civil engineering projects
- Understanding of HS2 Act (or similar) requirements and the constraints this applies
- Understanding of TCPA process for works planned outside Act limits
- Awareness of the constraints / sensitivities from working in the rural environment
- IT skills - Office, Document Management Systems, awareness of GIS platforms
- Degree qualified in planning, environmental or engineering discipline
- Experience in Town Planning matters under a hybrid bill, Development Consent Order and/or Transport & Works Act Orders
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other