Our client are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Landscape Architect to join their friendly landscape team to help deliver a wide range of landscape planning, assessment and design projects across various sectors but with a focus on Residential and Commercial development, Minerals and Waste, Energy and Infrastructure, and Health and Education. Project work ranges from LVIA through masterplanning, to hard and soft landscape design. As part of a multi-disciplinary firm, there will also be opportunities to collaborate on projects with a range of specialists from within their environment and engineering teams.
- Working with the team on the delivery of all types of project work
- Carrying out fieldwork and report writing for LVIA
- Preparing designs for a range of projects as part of the team
- Attending site visits, project meetings and liaising with clients and co-consultants
- Taking ownership of projects to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Coordinating and managing work with junior members of staff
- Delivering a high standard of work
Skills and Qualities:
- Passionate about landscape architecture
- An appropriate LI-accredited qualification - either an MA or a postgraduate diploma in landscape architecture
- 3-5 years' post-graduation experience of working in landscape architecture
- Ideally a chartered member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI)
- An interest in landscape planning and assessment and experience of delivering landscape and visual impact assessments across a range of project types
- A creative, problem-solving approach to design
- Good graphic capabilities
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite to a high standard
- Ability to use other software packages (e.g. Sketch up, Revit) would be beneficial
- A high standard of written English and excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- A driving licence
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, career long learning
- Support from highly experienced chartered landscape architects so you can achieve chartership status
- In-house training in technical areas
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Critical Illness cover
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexitime Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other