Principle Cost Estimator - BAE Systems - 12 Month Contract - Barrow-In-Furness - £38.90ph PAYE or £49.99ph UMB or £44.76ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Manage and undertake the compilation of estimates and other detailed costing information as part of the Cost Engineering function in support of estimating, pricing and tendering activities.
- Preparation and agreement (both internal and external) of costed commercial proposals.
- Manage the Cost Engineering inputs for the LCM and Tender Vet processes.
- Manage the application of QMAC within cost engineering.
- Deliver cost engineering support to all functions.
Adopt clear understandings with suppliers, both technical and commercial to ensure the business arrangements contain minimum risk.
- Analyse out-turn records to enable reconciliation with the contract price.
- Manage the costing of change proposals.
- Manage and advise man-hour budgeting to production departments.
- Manage the development of bills of materials, quantities and norms.
- Manage and develop customer relationships both internal and external, and negotiate with all customers.
Identify and interpret customer requirements, both Technical and Commercial.
- Provide advice to the cost engineers and the business on estimating/pricing/contract terms/inflation and variation of price issues as they relate to bidding and performing contracts.
Implement procedures and controls within the specified area to ensure compliance with commercial policies.
- Manage and resolve customer queries and issues in areas of responsibility, escalating significant problems as appropriate and highlighting trends and emerging issues.
- Carry out pricing forecasts and analysis.
- Preparations of generic information from direct source or other departments to assist the commercial function maintain a consistent approach.
- Manage the implementation of new systems/processes in relevant areas ensuring uniformity of processes across the whole of cost engineering.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to adhere to all quality and HS&E rules and control measures.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Consistently produces documentation to the expected levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude to work.
- Educated to HNC Level or equivalent in a technical/operational skill set or appropriate relevant experience.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the Submarine processes interfacing with the Cost Engineering function
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft packages
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other