Senior Naval Engineer/Architect (Structures) - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Scotstoun, Glasgow - £29.15ph PAYE or £37.46ph UMB or £33.54ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Carry out technical analyses and investigations involving the design and calculation of ship scantlings or equipment seatings.
* Produce structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for either ship scantling issues or seat designs as required
* Liaise with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
* Prepare Design Sketches of structural solutions as required
* Structural solutions, calculations, design sketches and drawings supporting design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
* Design and Assessment Studies
* Technical Reports and Specifications
* Peer reviewing of other team members calculations where required
* Possesses good knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
* Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
* Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
* Knowledge of Classification Society (e.g Lloyd's Register) requirements with respect to the design of ship structures
* 2 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
* Typically degree qualified (not essential) , likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
* Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
* Understanding of LCM
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other