Environmental Health Officer Based in Bury and the salary is £18.00 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 0004 D7B3 / 1
This role will involve:
- To allocate work and to direct Enforcement Officers and Students in the performance of their duties.
- Work independently in the field, often in a hostile and stressful environment.
- Use professional expertise and communication skills to resolve conflict situations.
- Carry out routine inspections of premises and vehicles, in accordance with statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Investigate in response to complaints/service requests formulating appropriate action for non-compliance with relevant legislation.
- Carry out investigation following statutory notifications.
- Carry out licensing, registration, planning application and land search functions acting as a consultee undertaking inspections as appropriate.
- The interpretation and auditing of consultants/technical reports.
- Issue advice and information based on the interpretation of current legislation and good practice.
- Carry out formal and informal sampling, responding to the subsequent analysis and interpretation of results.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Diploma in Environmental health or BSc in Environmental Health and registration with EHOB of CIEH.
- Current driving licence
- Enhanced DBS check
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services