Principal Environmental Health Officer needed in Skelmersdale £21.25 ph ref:443489
This role will involve:
- To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of the Environmental Protection Section of the Service and to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided and to ensure that all work is carried out on time and within pre-set deadlines. To develop, monitor, maintain and revise, as necessary, work programmes, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments relevant to the work of the Section.
- To respond to complaints and inspect premises/land under all relevant environmental protection and public health legislation, having regard to agreed Procedures, Work Instructions, Policies and Codes of Practice; to advise on standards and take informal or formal enforcement action as necessary. Such complaints will include noise, odour, drainage issues, light, contaminated land, filthy or verminous premises and land which may attract or harbour public health pests.
Ideally candidates will have:
- BSc Degree in Environmental Health or the Diploma in Environmental Health or their equivalent and registration by the EHORB
- Full clean driving licence
- Basic DBS
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services