Planning Officer needed in Hackney £17.21 ph PAYE - Reference:445108
This role will involve:
- The Planning Officer will be responsible for the processing of Development Management matters within an area based or function based team including responsibility for the handling of pre-application advice, planning applications, conditions, appeals and, when required, enforcement including negotiations with developers and other interested parties, securing financial and other community benefits through legal agreements.
- The Planning Officer will ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, that statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer-focussed manner, optimising available resources.
- The Planning Officer will be accountable to the Team Leader Development Management & Enforcement or the Major Applications Team Leader for achieving agreed Service outcomes and personal appraisal targets which uphold the client’s Core Values and meet the challenges of best practice.
- To provide advice and support to junior colleagues within the service as required
- To represent the client at appropriate Public Inquiries and Informal hearings
Ideally candidates will have:
- A relevant qualification in Town Planning or equivalent which supports membership of the RTPI or a graduate qualification in a related discipline
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services