Sustainable Travel Officer needed in Slough £15.00 ph PAYE - Reference: 445215
This role will involve:
- To organise and coordinate a 3 year programme of sustainable and active travel activity to targeted groups in the borough.
- To participate in organised events and engage members of the public and individuals to encourage sustainable and active travel.
- To work with residents and local community groups to promote and raise awareness of the benefits of participation in active and sustainable travel activity.
- To identify and build on existing business, school and community travel networks, assisting them to develop and deliver a sustainable and active travel agenda.
- Prepare sustainable and active travel materials for a variety of media and organise the ordering, distribution and delivery of publicity material.
- Promote active travel activities, facilities and groups and work to increase the accessibility and attractiveness of public and sustainable travel to local people.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Experience of data and information gathering.
- Experience of analysing data, trends and of monitoring techniques and reporting.
- Transport or Transport Planning degree or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Travel, Leisure, Tourism