My client is a World-Class, high-profile packaging manufacturer in North Bristol, and they are currently searching for a Maintenance Technician with a Mechanical bias.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing maintenance intervention of factory´s equipment’s, machineries and tools.
- Execute maintenance interventions on equipment according to specific maintenance expertise (mechanical, oil hydraulic, hydraulic, electronics, electrics, automation)
- Execute diagnostic on specific issues
- Identify and implement the countermeasure to fix equipment/machineries/tools
- Execute preventive/predictive maintenance interventions
- Monitor and track countermeasure effectiveness using STD shift reports
- Ensure specific technical competence to root cause analysis within structural group Problem Solving/Continuous Improvement meetings
- Report any deviation from the standards
- Provide prompt intervention at HC notification (HC L2) on specific maintenance expertise
- Provide training and coaching on specific maintenance
- SOP’s to production TM’s and TL’s
- Attend educational activities
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics - Understand pneumatic parts, know how they work, read pneumatic drawings and be able to fault find and replace worn or damaged components.
- General mechanical skills such as changing bearings and rollers on conveyor systems and other similar processes.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of mechanical equipment and how it works.
- Able to react to mechanical breakdowns across site, identify parts in stores system, identify faults and replace like for like components. Able to follow and complete Mechanical PPMs Ability to safely use drilling, grinding and cutting machines including hand tools. Can identify the correct PPE for each type of machine. Can demonstrate the use of each type of machine and operate competently
- Completed a four-year apprenticeship recognised by any successor to the Engineering Industry Training Board (EITB). or level 3 NVQ
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the principles behind Lock off procedures.
My client operates a double daily shift rotation which consists of 7:00am- 15:00pm and 15:00pm- 23:00pm
Our client offers continuous personal development and excellent training as well as career progression. In return my client is offering a starting salary of £28k- £32k + shift premium + overtime.
Please call Ben on 07538 103064 for more details or send your CV to [email protected] to prompt a call back.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Shift Premium + Overtime
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities