£37,000 - £43,000
4on/4off Days and nights
My Client based in Stirchley are continuously growing year on year. Due to expansion and a full order book, they are looking to add a new mechanical maintenance engineer to the team. Day to day you will be responding to both breakdowns and PPM’s. There will also be project work involved as well. You will be working on kilns, conveyors, pumps, presses mainly (heavy industry). From time to time you will get involved in fabrication so any experience pipe fitting and or Mig/Tig/Arc welding will be advantageous. The base salary will start at £37,000 but there is a skills matrix in place to increase your salary by £6,000. This may take a couple of years to achieve this, but when you do you will have increased skill-set and one of the leading salaries for a maintenance position in Birmingham.
- Good training involving continuous courses to progress through a skills matrix
- Chance to improve your skill-set and earn over £40,000 easily
- Progression into more senior roles down the line
- Work 6 months of the year
- Good contributory pension and holiday allowance
- Qualified to level 2/3 (NVQ/C&G) or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience maintaining/repairing special purpose machinery as a mechanically biased maintenance engineer within a factory environment
- Physically fit and happy to work in a “heavy industry” environment
- Welding knowledge is advantageous
- Any maintenance engineer from manufacturing welcome to apply – FMCG, Food, plastic, packaging, Pharmaceutical, foundry, brick, distribution, automotive, metals, etc.
1 x mech fitter
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities