Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and embarking on an ambitious and exciting digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
RCDTS sits within Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO), we’re increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
We focus on our people, with clearly defined career pathways that are rewarding, fulfilling and achievable. We have flexible ways of working to help everyone handle their own work/life balance. And we’re creating an authentically diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels able to bring their whole self to work.
Service Management & Operations (SM&O) are accountable for the end to end service for HMRC’s IT Systems & Services and our focus is on ensuring consistent, excellent Customer Experience.
We work closely with the other platform groups and their partners to bring those IT Systems and Services together.
Having played a key role in delivering ServiceNow within HMRC, we will continue to support and develop the ServiceNow platform to meet new and existing requirements alongside the Snow software asset management tool, in-house developed solutions and future tooling requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
In the role, you will work with the wider Platform Support Team to define solutions and co-ordinate design, implementation and testing activities in line with expectations and requirements.
Collaborating with the Lead Business Analyst, you will understand and analyse user/business needs to ensure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy.
You will investigate business challenges and analyse requirements to define business and technical solutions within the department and collaborate with partners throughout the full delivery lifecycle.
You will define and promote standard methodology, ensuring accurate use of toolsets and solutions that align with and contribute towards organisational strategies and priorities.
You will already have a comprehensive understanding of the ServiceNow platform and will use this knowledge to support its continued success and adoption.
With a strong analytical background and experience of identifying and analysing sophisticated business requirements for enterprise tooling you will be confident in identifying solutions to organisational challenges.
Duties will include:
- Research and gathering of business requirements against those articulated for the project determining the need and value.
- Utilising process modelling and employ a range of tools and techniques to map ‘As-Is’ and To-Be’ business processes
- Supporting the creation of standards, policies, strategy, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Evaluate requirements and seeing opportunities to develop successful business requirements needed to make the transition
- Evaluate benefits analysis and identifying business-related actions that will assist with project delivery
- Engage with partners to identify and analyse user needs, ensuring all that are impacted by change are engaged.
- Coordinate the work of systems analysis to ensure business needs are translated into solutions against identified timelines
- Work with technical leads to ensure needs are translated into the technical solutions.
- Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process by producing/assisting with: frameworks; application of methodologies; operating model; functional specification; user cases; user stories; UAT plans and strategy; entry/exit and /or no/no go criteria; defect analysis; forms and templates; guidance; business case.
- Remain up to date with new and emerging developments and trends.
You will already have
- A good working technical knowledge of the ServiceNow platform capabilities.
- An understanding of key processes supported by ServiceNow such as ITSM, ITAM and ITOM.
- The ability to identify requirements, produce workflow diagrams, build user stories and produce clearly defined sets of requirements.
- Experience in analysing business processes to identify improvements, conflicts and inefficiencies whilst offering potential solutions.
Ideally you will also have;
- BCS or other Business Analysis Certification.
- Hold a professional registration such as MBCS / RITTech
- ITIL foundation qualified
- ServiceNow Certifications
- Understanding of Agile delivery
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above and their suitability for the role.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria and suitability for the role in line with the job specification outlined above.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews may be held via Teams due to current COVID19 restrictions.
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. As such we encourage anybody who needs a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process to contact the recruiter or hiring manager dealing with your application who will discuss the reasonable adjustments required with you.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme (for external adverts only)
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services