Main Responsibilities - Microbiology:
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting accurate analysis, evaluation and release of raw materials, mass and/or finished goods in accordance with specifications and standards before being shipped or used in filling or manufacturing. Will also conduct environmental monitoring, testing and validation.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for performing OOS laboratory investigations and informing management of critical issues and suggest improvement opportunities. As well as problem solving internally and externally those materials that do not meet specification to determine the root cause and ensure preventative and corrective actions are effective. When necessary, update SOPs and provide training on new technical procedures. By doing so you will be helping us continue our exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Execution of QC Lab Testing including; Monitor Critical Control Parameters (pH, Balances, temperatures) through daily equipment verification checks and escalate any out of specification/trend results, conduct basic routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, environmental monitoring testing and validation, Complete documentation as needed to support testing procedures
- Testing data review and release by reviewing routine/non-routine test data and results, including sample preparation records, logbooks, calculations, and data sheets. Enter results in SAP/LIMS, as needed
- Release of raw materials, non-OTC mass, and cosmetic FGs in the laboratory
- Identify quality problems and suggest improvement opportunities
- Work with Lab Manager to retain or discard samples and documentation
- Perform Phase 1 OOS laboratory investigations with guidance from senior lab analysts
- Conduct Quality Control evaluations of consumer complaints and Quality Inquiries
- Create and update SOPs
- Provide training on new technical procedures, when necessary
Characteristics that a successful candidate may possess include:
- Experience in a Quality Control function in a microbiology laboratory for a global consumer goods or pharmaceutical company.
- Advanced microbiological QC analyses in compliance with cGMP.
- Solid awareness and practice of safe laboratory procedures
- Solid knowledge of GxP compliance for a regulated industry
- Provide assistance to other team members in the development, validation and application of microbiological methodologies and in the resolution of technical issues.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills and ability to appropriately communicate information to management * Ability to compile compliance documentation, including writing deviations, non-conformances and CAPA, change controls, protocols, and reports.
- Assist with the career development of the existing team members and increase productivity within the team.
- Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients and manufacturing procedures preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP systems preferred
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other