Lead Project Professional - Scheduling - 6 month contract - Barrow-In-Furness - £45ph UMB or £35.02ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- The individual in this role will manage a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager or Head of Project with aspects of managing a larger project. The role may be that of a Control Account Manager with specific responsibilities for the performance of particular Control Accounts as part of the project's control regime.
- At this level the incumbent may lead a small team of professional staff (typically up to 5), being responsible for managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
- They will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
* Able to perform advanced project reporting & scheduling.
* Able to undertake advanced problem solving typically based on previous experience.
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of Business process and procedures.
* Able to lead a small project or a work package of a larger project.
* Able to manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
* Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
* Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- Accountable as a member of the Project Management team for supporting development and implementation of appropriately tailored PM practices.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for up to 5 staff.
- Expected to provide technical support to team members.
- Accountable for ensuring one or more aspects of PM practices in the project are suitable for purpose.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Comprehensive PM Experience demonstrated in a professional capacity and the specialist skills to ensure procedures are followed with the ability to define the standards which the others will operate. Guides others in application of Project Management processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of their project.
- Comprehensive understanding of one or more Project Management tools techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
- Good knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs). Typically an Assessor for LCM Reviews.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment and also in a new Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity in the field of PM, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other