Graduate Controls Engineer
£23,500 – £24,500 + 25 days’ holiday + Overtime (£20 per hour) +50% uplift on basic salary when overseas for 10 days or more
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs 140 staff of which 80 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and anticipate they will turn over £50 million in 2018.
The company are looking to recruit a Graduate Controls Engineer with a Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Systems Engineering or Computer Science with a desire to be in a project-based Control role. This is an immediate requirement so please apply online for immediate consideration.
Once the P&ID is developed, the Graduate Controls Engineer is responsible for all software elements of an integrated project through to product commissioning at site. This will involve;
- Creation of User Requirement Specification – a plain language document that details what the controls system is going to do
- Creation of Functional Design Specification (FDS) – a technical document that explains what the controls system needs to do in detail
- From the FDS and P&ID the Controls Engineer then carries out all the PLC Programming in Siemens (TIA Portal) and Rockwell (Factory Talk SE) for systems from 100 – 10,000 I/O
- The Controls Engineer will also create all the SCADA Screen and carry out any VB, C# or .NET programming required to allow the SCADA system to communicate the data elsewhere within the control system, this involves creating queries in SQL Databases
- Once all software is produced it is tested in simulation on PC (Factory acceptance test) and then with a customer present (Customer Acceptance Test)
- Controls Engineer then travels to site once the electrical/mechanical equipment has been installed and tests all the I/O to ensure they work before working with the Process Engineer for water and product commissioning
Projects are global and site work could be anywhere in the UK, Americas or Asia with up to 3 months away at a time at site.
To be successful in your application for this Graduate Controls Engineer vacancy you will need:
- A BEng/Meng in either Controls/Systems Engineering/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- A desire to be in a Project focussed Controls Engineer position
- Ideally some experience of PLC Programming (Siemens/Rockwell) or SCADA development
- To be happy to travel for the site installation supervision phase of a project and be away up to 3 months at a time
- Experience or ability to work with C#/VB would be highly advantageous though not required
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years’ experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field.
- Fantastic training and development, allowing you to shadow Senior Engineers from day one.
- Great starting salary with the ability to earn overtime which could earn you up to £10k per year extra depending on the projects you work on.
- Future career progression into Senior Controls Engineering role
- Possibility of Chartership in the future.
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
25 Days Holiday + Stats, Paid OT, Overseas Allowance
- Industry Sector IT & Internet