Do you enjoy spending time with kids? Are you looking for a part-time job that fits easily around your existing commitments?
Koru Kids is looking for people who can provide part-time childcare for the same local family on regular days. You’ll work from the family's home, helping out with the school run, preparing snacks, and using your valuable life experience to support busy, working parents to raise happy, curious, and confident kids.
The roles are part-time and usually in the afternoons so you’ll still have time for hobbies and for your own family, while keeping your evenings, weekends, and holidays free.
What you’ll be doing:
- After-school pickups (usually just one school)
- Helping with homework, preparing snacks and easy meals
- Keeping the kids busy with time in the park, playground, garden or home
- Doing fun activities together, like board games, arts and crafts, or baking (if you have a special skill or passion – we usually find children love to learn this too)
The important stuff...the benefits:
- Most roles are for 9-20 hours a week on a flexible schedule
- Koru Kids will make sure everything is above board. We take care of contracts, sick pay, holiday pay and most importantly make sure you’re paid correctly and on time
- You’ll get paid from £10-12 per hour depending on experience
- You’ll get a pay rise after 6 and 12 months
- We’ll cover the cost and provide insurance for you
- We only match you with local families - no long commutes!
- You’ll receive free nanny training, first aid training, an enhanced DBS check and insurance [worth over £300!]
- We’ll support you every step of the way with continued development with free CACHE registered courses and 1:1 coaching
You’ll love this role if:
- You’ve raised your own children and love spending time with kids
- You’ve worked with children before as a volunteer, babysitter or au pair
- You’re a trained childcare professional with experience in nurseries or schools
- You’re looking for a part-time job that’s fulfilling and meaningful
We have 4 pay tiers that make sure you get paid fairly and based on your experience.
- Tier 1 - £9-9.99 per hour - for nannies with adhoc childcare experience such as a babysitter, volunteer or similar
- Tier 2- £10.25 per hour - if you’ve raised your own family and had 1+ years experience working with children
- Tier 3 - £11 per hour - You’ve worked as a professional childcarer such as a teaching assistant, in a nursery or a nanny for 2 years
- Tier 4 - £12 per hour - You’ve worked as a professional childcarer such as a teaching assistant, in a nursery or a nanny for 3 years
Is it a great job? Here’s what our nannies say:
“Going part-time changed my life. I’m much more in control of my life, I have time for my family and hobbies. Working at Koru Kids has given me that flexibility I needed.”
“I have been with Koru Kids for over a year now. I genuinely have never been so satisfied with working for a company this much in my life.”
“I loved my time at home with my kids! I feel good caring for others and really valued by the family I work with.”
What are you waiting for? Come and join us! Fill in our easy application form to apply.
Permanent, Part Time
Additional Salary Info
You'll receive a pay rise after 6 and 12 months.
- Industry Sector Education