Equipment Engineer- Mechanical/Electrical/Trade
Working in a safety conscious environment with heavy emphasis on milestone completion, the Equipment Engineer role will include:-
- Equipment build, integration, commissioning & test
- Robotics teaching and optimization
- Equipment maintenance & service at international customer locations
- Equipment commissioning & test during installation at international customer locations
General requirements & expectations
All employees are expected to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and carry out other work that falls within the scope of their abilities as requested by company. This is likely to involve visits to, or periods working at, any office.
A positive Team-working approach and adherence to Safety Policies and Procedures is essential.
A professional telephone manner, good level of interpersonal and self-presentation skills are pre-requisites.
In support of our mission statement to deliver QUALITY, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND STAFF SATISFACTION, employees will be expected to support colleagues and management as required and to contribute ideas and suggestions in our search for CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.
In addition to the above the other requirements of the role are:
- Experience with PLC's, embedded controllers and I/O handling systems including software instruction code analysis
- Experience of PC operating systems, PC hardware repair and PC performance optimization
- Experienced safe working with low voltage mains, circuit wiring and power electronics
- Working knowledge gained through experience of electronic instruments, motor control, stepper motor linear drives, sensors, motion control and robotics test/debug and repair
- Equipment assembly and submodule integration, testing & fault-finding
- Experience setting up and calibrating semiconductor wafer handling robots
- Travelling to international customer sites for semiconductor tool service activities
- Travelling to international customer sites for semiconductor tool modifications, tool installations and tool
- an ordinary degree in electrical engineering, electronic engineering, automation engineering or equivalent with 3 or more years of equipment experience or
- an trade apprenticeship and qualification in electrical engineering or equivalent with 5 or more years of equipment experience
Advantageous Supplementary Skills
- Vacuum furnace experience
- Working in a cleanroom environment
- Working knowledge of superconducting & large permanent magnets
- Working handling cryogenic liquids
- Experience of new equipment commissioning and customer sign-off processes, or plant commissioning
Contract, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities