Our client, a defence contractor and information services provider, is requiring a Linux Engineer to join them on an initial 12 month contract working on RAF Communication Systems projects.
Remote working but largely with on-site work until September time, across RAF Boulmer (Northumberland), Swanwick & High Wycombe.
Role has been determined as working outside IR35 with rates flexible in the region of £450 per day.
Suitable candidate will be required to hold active SC Clearance from the start.
Strong Linux experience and knowledge is required, including Redhat/Centos. Other experience required is -
- Experience with the logging application Splunk would be advantages. Similarly experience with scripting languages BASH, Perle or Python would also be an advantage.
- Experience with Linux operating systems. Mandatory
- Experience with Communications and Network technologies. Advantages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the following technologies is also important for this role -
- Yaml (a configuration language used in Linux environments)
Day to day responsibilities include -
- Customer support
- System upgrades
- A very hands on role
- Deploying new Linux SW upgrades
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other