You will join our team in assisting and assuring U.S coordination and certification of infrastructure changes in support of the Dreadnought submarine, which is essential to deterrent delivery. We plan and conduct equipment updates and maintenance on all Strategic Weapon System platforms whilst providing assurance for future demands of Deep Maintenance Projects, system commissioning and acceptance testing, culminating in a return to service.
In this role, you will utilise your core engineering skills to provide expert advice, assisting with the definition of technical requirements, managing solution development and ensuring compliance with customer requirements. In return, SDA offer specialist training, and are committed to supporting the development of your career and helping you grow your subject matter expertise.
Due to the nature of security, this role is reserved for sole UK Nationals only.
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Managing engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment, management and change)
* Producing or contributing to Engineering plans integrated across a complex programme of work
* Collecting, collating and evaluating technical data, reviewing technical equipment and systems, including its in-service support
* Making recommendations and improvements using your engineering problem solving skills
* Providing independent perspective on innovation and technology risk in the delivery of military capabilities
* Reviewing deliverables and ensuring technology is applied appropriately
* Contributing to effective technical management of projects and tasks for which you are responsible e.g. identification of requirements, technical risk mitigation and reporting against programme targets and schedules
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of providing technical advice and delivery of successful engineering outcomes
* Broad technical experience in your discipline or specialist area in a variety of contexts
* Relevant Level 4 qualification (e.g. HNC) in an Engineering or Science discipline, or able to demonstrate the equivalent skills and experience
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience from a regulated industry, such as Defence, Nuclear, maritime, or OME, amongst others
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making
* Application of Analytical Techniques
* Communicating and influencing
* Seeing the big picture
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within the SDA - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within the SDA and our industry partners and professional bodies.
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other